fimmtudagur, júní 10, 2004

Paging problems in a book (FM 7.0 v/s QPulse)

I have been doing some real tests in FM 7.0 on a AMP-B747. In order to be able to manage each section individually by QP, I made a book file that includes some 65 files which make up 4 parts (volumes) of the book + preamble (control pages and such). In this case each chapter is treated as volume and each section as a chapter. The result is, that if I want to keep the paging system [page# of pages], each file must be set to start page counting at #1. If I want to keep running page numbers, I must either have only the page number or all pages where I want to show [page# of pages] in one file. Another problem with the separation of sections into files, is that left/right starting pages must be handled manually. Conclusion: Keep with one file for each body of book part (part, chapter) in one file, as much as possible. However, in the rare cases of printing and disseminating hundreds of copies of partial revisions, separation of sections into files may be feasible.

Engin ummæli: